The organisers of the Perth WordPress meetup have been working hard over the past year to develop a stronger, more inclusive WordPress community here in Western Australia. We are excited to announce that we will be holding our first ever Do_Action event on the 18th January at Flux by Spacecubed!
Over the course of one day, groups of volunteers from the local WordPress community and the participating non-profit organisations will come together to plan, design and build them a brand new, high quality & professional website.
Awesome! How can I be involved?
Holding an event like this relies on the whole community to come together. Here are some ways you can be involved:
Become a Sponsor
This event is free to attend, but we do like to feed our hardworking volunteers. We expect 50-80 attendees on the day.
If you would like to sponsor, you can head to Open Collective and click the ‘Become a Sponsor’ button and choose how much you want to contribute. We don’t have fixed sponsorship amounts, and will accept any donation above $50 AUD.
All sponsors can receive:
- Company logo on the site
- Company description on the site
- Link to company website from the site
- Logo on a slide projected during the event
- Tweets and/or posts to Facebook about your company
- Thanks in pre- and post-event emails
- Thank you in opening or closing remarks
It takes lots of hands working together to build a single website in a day, let alone a bunch of them. Each website will be built by a team of 5-6 people filling the following roles:
- Project managers (one per team)
- Content Creators
- Social Media Managers
- QA Testers
While we will be aiming to fill these roles for each team, we would love to hear from you if you have other skills you feel would contribute. For example, it would be great to have a photographer or two!
If you’re in Perth and have some experience with, or interest in, WordPress – we want YOU! We’ll be opening registration closer to the date.
I’m a Non-Profit! How Can I Apply?
Based on our venue capacity, we can accommodate approximately 10 non-profit organisations. All organisations in need of a website who meet the criteria are invited to apply! Complete the form at the bottom of the page before Sunday 3rd of November 2019 to apply.
What are the criteria?
- You must be a registered not-for-profit under Australian law (either an incorporated association, or registered with ASIC)
- Two volunteers must be able to attend on the day (Saturday 18th January from 9am to 5pm)
- You must not already have a website that is adequately meeting your needs. If you have a website that doesn’t meet your needs – just tell us why!
If you are unsure whether your organisation is eligible, you can contact us at email@example.com.