The WordPress Lagos community is a network of developers, designers and website builders who believe that WordPress is the perfect platform for any organisation to use to build their online presence effectively. This will be our second time holding the do_action WordPress Charity Hackathon where we spend a full day building brand new websites for a selection of local charities and NGOs. This year, for the second annual do_action event, we are going to be repeating this for a completely new set of six charitable organisations.
Who can participate?
Each of these websites will be built by a team of 6-8 people in the following roles:
- Project managers
- Content Creators
- Social Media / Community Managers
- Quality Assurance (QA) Testers
If you’re in Lagos and have some experience with, or interest in, WordPress, you can participate. Scroll down this page to sign up!
How can you sponsor?
We are also looking for sponsors to make this event successful. We expect a participation of around 60 to 80 people from all different industries. We have no fixed sponsorship amounts and will accept anything from $100 and above.
Sponsorships can be made directly online via our Open Collective platform – just click the ‘contribute’ button and choose the amount you would like to sponsor. You can also email us on email@example.com to chat about it.
- Company logo on the site
- Company description on the site
- Link to company website from the site
- Tweets and/or posts to Facebook about your company
- Thanks in pre- and post-event emails
- Thank you in opening or closing remarks
- You can distribute your custom branded swag to the participants.
- You can have representation at the event, (as participants, not spectators, tasks will be assigned).
Find out more general information about do_action hackathons at the page and video here.