The first do_action Managua Hackathon for Nicaraguan nonprofit organizations will take place on Saturday, July 7, 2018. This will be the first do_action event in Latin America!
do_action hackathons are community-organized events that are focused on using WordPress to give deserving charitable organisations their own online presence. Each do_action event includes participants from the local WordPress community coming together to plan and build brand new websites for a number of local nonprofits in one day.
Who can participate?
Each such website will be built by a team of 6-8 people in the following roles:
- Project Managers
- Designers/ Graphic Artists
- Content Writers
- Social Media Professionals
- QA Testers
So, if you’re from in and around Managua with some expertise in WordPress, or even just an interest in WordPress, you are very welcome to come and participate.
What do participants get?
You get to come together and
- Work in teams, learn from each other, and share knowledge and skills,
- Help extremely worthy local causes benefit by getting an expertly crafted website,
- Oh, and we’ll have fun and make new friends while we’re about it!
Your meals and refreshments throughout the day will be taken care of and we’ll get you some awesome swag to take back with you.
For NGOs/ Non-profits
If you’re a charity or non-profit organisation you don’t need to allocate some of your already hard-stretched funds for what would probably be a low-budget website. By participating in this event you have the chance to get a well designed and expertly developed new website, created by an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team of volunteers, for absolutely nothing – freeing up your limited funds to be spent on your primary cause – and in a single day, so no long drawn out projects that sap your time and energy and will be finished “sometime soon”!
To participate just fill in the application form at the end of this page.
At least one representative of your non-profit organisation or charity will have to be present during the hackathon and will be a part of the team building the website. Any representatives will also be given free training on using WordPress through sessions and workshops during the day.
We’re also looking for sponsors for making this event successful. We expect a participation of about 50 people depending on the number of websites we build during the day.
- You can display 1 roller-up banner at the event venue.
- You can have representation at the event.
- We’ll add your logo to the sponsors list on this page.
- We’ll make social media announcements before, during and after the event.
- You can distribute your custom branded swag to the participants.